Garmin’s Nuvi series is internationally recognised for its navigation friendly wide-screens and its accurate GPS routing. Garmin Nuvi 205w, being the most popular product of this series, is being used by thousands of people to make their journeys shorter and faster. However, any GPS device cannot show you the best routes until it has access to the updated maps and Garmin’s devices are not any different. For your device to be able to find the best routes it needs to have access to the information about the new road networks and new junctions. Therefore, for you to get the most out of your Garmin device, you need to download and install Garmin Nuvi 205w Updates.
Garmin is aware that their products need to have the updated maps to stay relevant, therefore, they are constantly releasing map updates to maintain the accuracy of their device. However, until you install the update into your device, your device cannot access the updated maps. we understand that it can be a difficult process for you to do so if you are doing it for the first time, and if that is the case, you can simply scroll down and check out the step-by-step guide below.
Where to download Garmin Nuvi 205w Updates from?
We recommend that you download your Garmin map updates only from the official Garmin website.
Garmin Nuvi updates help to add new roads and points of interests into the pre-installed maps. Apart from that, you can choose to download the maps that have been made by the community too, from their website. Their maps are designed to work best with your device and with the excellently detailed Garmin maps, there is no need for you to download the maps from any third-party provider.
Garmin Map Updates, however, are of two types -one being the free update versionand another being the paid update version. If you are eligible for the free update version, we recommend that you download those, otherwise you can purchase the Garmin Nuvi 205w updates for a very cheap price.
Are you eligible for a free Garmin Nuvi update?
If you wish to check whether you are eligible for a free Garmin Nuvi Tech Support Number, you can check it by going through the following steps:
- Visit Garmin’s official website.
- Once you are on their website, you should be able to spot a “map update purchase assistant”. Enter your Garmin Nuvi 250w’s serial number in the assistant’s information field.
- The assistant will now show you a list of the Garmin Nuvi updates available for you.
Or, you can simply answer the questions below to check if you are eligible for a free update or not.
- Is your Garmin Nuvi 250 wregistered with Garmin?
- Did you register your device within the first 90 days of having installed it on your car?
- Has it been less than 3 monthssince you have been using your device?
- Is this the first time that you are downloading a Garmin Customer Support Number?
If your answer to all the above questions is “yes” then you are eligible for downloading a free Garmin Nuvi 205w update under Garmin’s nuMaps Guarantee program. The benefits of this program are available only to those Garmin users who are downloading Garmin updates for the pre-installed maps within the first 3 months of their device’s operation.
Step-by-step guide to download and install Garmin Nuvi 205w Updates
We recommend using Garmin Express for this procedure. Garmin Express is a software application that was specifically designed to make the updating process easier for all Garmin Users. So, to download and install the updates, just follow the following steps carefully: Twitter
- First, you need to Garmin Express on your computer.
- You can click on the above link to go to a “Garmin Express Download page”. Select the download link according to you’re the operating system of your computer.
- Once downloaded, double-click on the setup file and select “Yes” to complete the setup.
- Now, connect your Garmin Nuvi 205w to your computer.
- Launch Garmin Express and click on the “Get Started” button.
- Now, click on “Add a device” and wait for the app to recognize your device.
- Enter the email address you used for product registration with Garmin.
- Click on the “Save device” button and then select “Check for updates.”
- This wouldshow you a list of Garmin map updates which are suitable for your device.
- Select the updates you wish to install, and then click on “Install Now”.
If you have followed all the steps carefully, you should have been able to install Garmin Nuvi 205w updates on your device.